NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Gixa
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:47 am 
Learner

Well.. Finally I have actually used my nitrous. It took only 9 years to install.. :D

I were not able to get even delivery for fuel even I moved injectors rear side of the trottlebodys, so I desided to use two injectors and tubes in airbox. Unfortunetly foto from my phone was too poor to publish. I use Pover commander V for fine tuning the fuel side on gears I use nitrous, so at the moment first two gears are normal and 3,4,5 and 6 are on bit rich. On first and second gear there is no need for NOS yet. (as you can see from the video) . ET was not wery good, but topspeed got better ( 227 Nan / 234 with 25 hp set of nitrous from 3rd gear on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ZLxG8 ... e=youtu.be

There was quite cold/wet weather and I was abnomally "nervous" in staging ( maby it was just hangover..) so I didn't get under 10, but my best is 9,814 with tis bike without nitrous.
And that is the bike I drive on the streets also in same condition, only nitrous is not street legal in Finland.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:55 am 
Learner

And there is the bike in action. I did drive lisence to compete in Super Gas Bike in Finnish nationals next year. Bike still needs some modification before that, but we have long winter here in Finland.. ;)

http://kuvia.1g.fi/kuvat/2015/FHRA/Fina ... U_1427.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:12 pm 
Wizard

That was an awexome vid! It makes me want to randomly grab someone's bike and spray it LOL! Maybe it would help if I knew how to ride... :bigsmurf:

Anyway, I think it's better late than never on the nitrous front. I read your thread a long time ago and wondered what the results were, and now I finally see. GREAT JOB! :yes: :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:44 pm 
Learner

Well thanks, but there is still much to do. This was first attemp and later in Alastaro racetrack I had two chances to drive with nitrous, but first failed with bretty bad wobbel when shifting to 3rd gear and another failed with quicksifter problem..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1VEAnI260

Clutch/lock up needs also some attention, before next race. I'm aiming to 9,5 (Index in SGB ) next summer, but then bike in no longer streetlegal. I just have to drive my girlfriends old cbr900rr in streets. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:20 am 
Learner

And there is the start with wobbel..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz_XVOYpmqw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to hear you made it at last but not so happy with the results so far, so we'll have to get those improved for you.

First of all we need to find out why you weren't getting any fuel with your original set up, so can you post some pics of how it was plumbed etc. or explain in more detail, please?

Also does your bottle have a dip tube fitted?

Have you carried out a static test and what were the results?

What ignition components are you using (ALL of them from igniter to plugs) and how old are they all?

Where are you located?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:15 am 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Glad to hear you made it at last but not so happy with the results so far, so we'll have to get those improved for you.

I wouldn't be too worried about results so far, as long as top speed got better, so I know it is working at some level. Weather was poor, there was lots on hazzle and lousy starts. And it is probably running rich. And I need to change my riding style a bit (use lower RPMs with nitrous, use improved torque more) We are going to run it on dyno during winter, so I can give you more detailled results then

First of all we need to find out why you weren't getting any fuel with your original set up, so can you post some pics of how it was plumbed etc. or explain in more detail, please?

It was getting fuel, but not evenly. Amount of fuel with 25hp set was so small, that cylinder 1on the other side was getting more fuel than cylinder 4 on the other side. And if the bike was not leveled exactly straight it was possible that cylinder 4 was getting more fuel than cylinder1

Also does your bottle have a dip tube fitted?

No

Have you carried out a static test and what were the results?

Yes, seemed OK by me.

What ignition components are you using (ALL of them from igniter to plugs) and how old are they all?

Stock, except sparkplugs NKG R0045Q11

Where are you located?

Vantaa, Finland

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

FunJam wrote:
I wouldn't be too worried about results so far, as long as top speed got better, so I know it is working at some level. Weather was poor, there was lots on hazzle and lousy starts. And it is probably running rich. And I need to change my riding style a bit (use lower RPMs with nitrous, use improved torque more) We are going to run it on dyno during winter, so I can give you more detailled results then
Sounds good to me.

It was getting fuel, but not evenly. Amount of fuel with 25hp set was so small, that cylinder 1on the other side was getting more fuel than cylinder 4 on the other side. And if the bike was not leveled exactly straight it was possible that cylinder 4 was getting more fuel than cylinder1
That is normal while the engine is not running but once there is some vac created when the engine is running, the flow should even out. Fitting the parts so they form a U bend helps to prevent uneven distribution as well.

No
It should work OK in that position without a dip tube but I'd avoid using the system below half full.

Stock, except sparkplugs NKG R0045Q11
I'd replace those with GOOD high performance alternatives ASAP.

Vantaa, Finland
Do you heat the bottle before the run and either way do you know what the pressure is prior to each run and at the end?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!